Eyeglasses in Brunswick, Jesup, and St Marys, GA
If you need eyeglasses, you deserve a pair that not only contains the correct prescription, but is also comfortable, durable, and suitable for your lifestyle and budget. At Vision Source Family Eye Care, our optometry team offers a range of options and provides the professional guidance you need to select the right choice for you or your loved ones.
Conditions That Benefit From Prescription Eyeglasses
People of all ages wear prescription eyeglasses, including children, teens, adults, and seniors. A person might be born with vision problems or develop them over time as a result of aging or other environmental and lifestyle-related factors.
Prescription eyeglasses are specially designed to correct the way light enters the eye so that it focuses on the light-sensitive tissues called the retinas, which improves vision. Common conditions managed with prescription glasses include:
- Nearsightedness (myopia): light focuses ahead of the retina because the eyeball is too long or the cornea is too curved, making close up objects clear but far away objects blurry
- Farsightedness (hyperopia): light focuses behind the retina because the eyeball is too short or the cornea is too flat, making faraway objects clear but close up objects blurry
- Astigmatism: any imperfection in the curve of the eyeball or cornea that can cause blurry vision at close or faraway distances
Other conditions which may benefit from prescription eyeglasses include glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and presbyopia (age-related farsightedness).
Do I Need Prescription Eyeglasses?
Here are a few signs it might be time to talk to an eye doctor about prescription eyeglasses:
- You struggle to see objects clearly close up, far away, or both
- You have blurry vision, especially while reading or doing tasks that involve fine detail
- Your eyes feel tired at the end of the day
- You have a hard time seeing colors or seeing in dim lighting
- Your eyes are sensitive to bright lights
- You spend a lot of time in the sun (especially while on water, sand, or snow)
- You spend a lot of time on digital devices
- You have underlying health conditions that may put you at risk of vision disorders, including diabetes, obesity, or high blood pressure
Do you have young children? If they exhibit any of the following behaviors, they may have an undiagnosed vision condition that could benefit from corrective eyewear:
- Frequent squinting, blinking or rubbing of the eyes
- Sitting closer to the TV or holding a phone or tablet very close to their eyes
- Difficulty seeing the board in the classroom (you may also be told your child has a hard time focusing or paying attention in class)
Things to Consider: Eyeglasses Frames, Lenses, and Additional Features
Eyeglass frames come in a variety of shapes, colors, styles, and materials, including wire metal to strong yet lightweight plastic. We’ll help you select the most appropriate frame style depending on your lifestyle, occupation, budget, face shape, eye and skin color, and fashion preference. Many of our patients prefer the versatility of having two pairs of glasses—one for everyday use and one for outdoor or athletic activities.
Can’t make it into our Jesup, St. Marys, or Brunswick optometry clinic today? Visit our virtual fitting room to see how you look in a number of stylish frames from a range of designers, including Michael Kors, Nine West, and Nike.
Prescription lenses are unique to your eyes and based on meticulous measurements taken by your eye doctor during an eye exam. Our eye doctors can progressively adjust your prescription to maximize comfort and visual function. We also offer bifocal prescriptions for greater flexibility.
Since eyesight can change over time—and because many patients require different prescription strengths for each eye—we urge you not to rely on “cheaters” or over-the-counter reading glasses. These options aren’t usually as durable and likely won’t give you the adequate vision-correcting support you need.
Ask our Brunswick optometrist team about innovative features that can optimize your eyeglasses, including:
- Transition lenses for easy indoor and outdoor use
- Blue-light blocking and anti-glare technology
- Prescription sunglasses to block harmful UV radiation while still correcting your vision
Do You Need Eyeglasses?
The right pair of eyeglasses can have a tremendous impact on your vision, quality of life, and confidence! Schedule an appointment online or call us to learn more about our services in Jesup, Brunswick, and St. Marys GA.